How to get published
Step by Step of what happens when you’re ready to click submit
1. You write an awesome article. Let’s say it is an investigative reporting story on the opioid epidemic and its prevalence and effects upon the LGBTQIA+ community.
3. You email us your article at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. We receive your submission and submit it for review to our editor.
5. If our editor approves your article then we will reach out to you to set up a Facetime or phone call.
6. After setting up our meeting, we will call and talk for no more than 20-minutes. This is just for us to get to know each other and for us to go over the press release agreement. We also have a few more things that we will need from you including a small biography and headshot, that will be featured at the bottom of your article.
7. The press release agreement must be signed and emailed to us within 48 hours of our Facetime/phone call. This will ensure that we can continue working with your article and have it published on time. If you do not return this within that allotted time, it will force your article to be pushed until the next week of publishing. So send in that press release!
8. From the time you submit your article until it is published will be between 7 and 10 days. During this time we ask that you be attentive to your email, as it is pertinent for us to have easy access to communication with you. We ask that you respond within less than 24 hours of our emails. That way if there are any issues they can be resolved quickly!
9. The Sunday before your article is published we will have a writer spotlight on all of our social media platforms, where we use your photo and short biography that you gave us. We will include an excerpt from your article and our opinion on the article. This is something we want you to be super proud of so please share this on all of your social media platforms so that everyone gets to see it and is anticipating your work!
10. When your article is published, we will notify the public via all of our social media platforms. Again, we ask that you share this to all of your platforms so that as many people as possible can see your work!
11. After you are published with us, you are welcome to use us on any resume or reference for any application, interview, or future writing you may do. Just use our email email@example.com and cite RIOT MEDIA as the publisher. Your contact reference name can be Eyren Jane.
12. Lastly, bask in the glory that you are now a published writer! You did it! We hope to see you soon with another incredible article.